Mid Weight Designer
Ideas are the beating heart of all work at Stereo. As a Midweight Designer/Art Director, you’ll be a key team member generating bold, inspiring concepts with innovative, expressive craft. You’ll be as interested in the ‘why’ as with the ‘how’ and will be comfortable speaking about both. A marriage of both conceptual understanding with strong design capabilities is essential for this role.
You’ll be expected to have a holistic knowledge of the creative process, a relentless curiosity for great concepts and a hands-on pursuit of stunning, experimental visuals. You’ll be a naturally curious person and have your finger on the pulse of global creative culture. We work across a number of different sectors and project types at Stereo, so you’ll need to demonstrate creative flexibility and confidence with a variety of clients and audiences.
You’ll be part of a wider team on longer projects supporting Seniors and Leads, but will also need to show initiative and self-motivation to work independently when required. You’ll guide more junior members of the studio and inspire the whole team with your work. You’ll be comfortable maintaining an ego-free environment and approach all feedback positively and collaboratively.
This role suits an ideas-focused Designer looking to grow within a studio by demonstrating more conceptual abilities, or an Art Director wishing to transition to a more hybrid role and get hands-on crafting their own ideas to take them to the next level.
Motion skills or the ability to work with storyboards are not required but are a bonus.
- Support Senior Designers/Art Directors across all teams with effective, on-brief work
- Working in Adobe CC suite to design stunning visuals
- Thinking conceptually to develop innovative ideas alongside the wider team
- Be able to confidently discuss your deeper thinking
- Guide Junior Designers and mentor their progression in the agency
- Have a flexible approach to briefs and remain team-focused
- Treat each project as an opportunity and push briefs as far as they can go
- Have the drive and desire to grow within Stereo
- Mid-Weight Designer or Art Director with design degree (or equivalent)
- A love of campaigns, identities and digital design
- Confident using Adobe CC suite (PS, AI, InDesign) and some digital design knowledge
- Not required (but beneficial): After Effects, Figma, Cinema4D, coding abilities
- Excellent communication skills to interpret and negotiate briefs with internal teams
- Team player
- Passionate, self-motivated and extremely creative
- Good presentation skills and the confidence to explain and sell ideas to colleagues
- Taking responsibility
- Art Direction, voice your ideas and present ideas and creative concepts to your peers.
- A passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair.
- Being open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs.
- Accuracy and attention to detail when producing designs.
- Strong typography, layout & technical skills
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time.
23 Days Holiday (basic)
Extra Holiday Day per year of service (up to 5 years service)
Day off on your birthday
Summer Hours July & August (Half Day Friday)
Closed over the entire Christmas period
Learning & Culture
Flexible Hybrid working model (x2 Mandatory days in the studio)
Monthly Stereo Sessions (Learning Opportunities with Guest Speakers)
Annual Summer & Christmas Parties
Quarterly Team lunch/breakfast
Wellbeing & Health
BUPA Employee Assistance (free, 24-hour confidential helpline service)
x1 Paid Volunteer Day
New business bonus based on a % of the profit on the project for up to one year
Intro recruitment bonus for successfully bringing friends / peers into the business £1,000 (Upon successful 3 month probation meeting).
Apply by November 30 2022
Job will be taken down when vacancy is filled
Brand Creation / Campaigns / Digital Experiences / Film & Motion /